John Bardinelli is a tech-savvy freelance author and editor with over ten years of full-time writing experience. Specialization in copywriting, explainer video scripts, narrative design, creative fiction, and video game scripts. Years of a successful freelancing career proves self-discipline, adaptability, and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Narrative design — Script writing — Story building
- Website copy — Site administration — Layout & design
- Video scripts — Marketing materials — Press releases
- App store copy — Creative copy — Game design
- WordPress & Movable Type — SEO writing — HTML, CSS, image editing
Freelance Copywriter (2003-present)
- Determine a client’s needs and plan a marketing strategy that integrates multiple forms of media.
- Create copy for websites, landing pages, print ads, social media and direct e-mail marketing.
- Write copy for marketplace and app store pages, including iTunes, Amazon and Google.
- Author scripts for promotional and how-to videos, speeches, radio ads and podcast promos.
- Integrate SEO keywords into all web and marketplace copy.
- Create 45 SEO descriptions for apps and games each week.
Freelance Narrative Designer (2002-present)
- Write storylines, scripts and dialogue for multiple mediums, including video games, mobile apps, interactive websites, educational software and print books.
- Work with programmers, artists and designers to integrate text and story, ensuring a seamless end-user experience.
- Author companion texts to provide background information on each storyline’s main events.
- Edit and localize translated text for an American English audience.
- Designed a highly-praised script & narrative for an iPhone game downloaded by 2 million users.
Freelance Journalist & Editor (2001-present)
- Create content strategy for website receiving 500k+ visits per month.
- Hire, train and manage a staff of freelance writers to ensure a steady flow of content.
- Create styleguides and edit articles to ensure all content is consistent.
- Organize special projects such as submission tracking spreadsheets and staff games.
- SEO research for multiple topics increases monthly traffic by 8%.
- Articles on the Barnes & Noble book blog and B&N Sci-Fi and Fantasy blog.
- Posts on Co-Optimus.
- Fantasy RPG story & script (Dungeon Myths).
- Comedy/sci-fi narrative design (Freaking Meatbags).
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
- DealFly – Video scripts & copywriting.
- FizzPow – writing for Bitcoin Billionaire.
- Wild Factor – Story, dialogue and teaser comics for Machiavillain.
- Crackshell – Localization for Hammerwatch.
- Shattered Rift – Fantasy lore & world building for unannounced MMORPG.
- Nooskewl – Script & dialogue for Crystal Picnic.
- Wild Factor – Narrative design for Freaking Meatbags.
- Fancy Factory – Retro fantasy script for Dungeon Myths.
- Invulse – Sci-fi script for Unsworn.
- Ghostwritten sci-fi script, ghostwritten fantasy script.
- e-funsoft – Localization and copywriting for multiple casual games.
- Fat Sam Games – Localization and copywriting.
- Megaplay Games – Copywriting
- Digiluna Games – Copywriting
- Barnes & Noble – Journalism & blog post writing (2014-present)
- Co-Optimus – Game Journalism (2013-present)
- Gamezebo – Game Journalism (2013-14)
- Joystiq – Game Journalism (2007)
- JayIsGames – Journalism, Editing (2006-14)