Hi! I’m John, writer and narrative designer.
You’re probably here because you heard I write stories, scripts, lore and dialogue for games.
I’ve held a lot of positions and worked for a lot of great studios in my 12 year freelance writing career. Below is a quick rundown of some of my recent projects.
Game Studios I’ve Written For
- Arcen Games – Story, lore and mission work for Stars Beyond Reach.
- FizzPow – Writing for Bitcoin Billionaire.
- WildFactor – Story, dialogue and comics for Machiavillain.
- Nooskewl – Script & dialogue for Crystal Picnic.
- Crackshell – Localization for Hammerwatch.
- Shattered Rift – Fantasy lore & world building for unannounced MMORPG.
- Wild Factor – Narrative design for Freaking Meatbags.
- Fancy Factory – Retro fantasy script for Dungeon Myths.
- Invulse – Sci-fi script for Unsworn.
- e-funsoft – Localization and copywriting for multiple casual games.
- Fat Sam Games – Localization and copywriting.
- Megaplay Games – Copywriting
- Digiluna Games – Copywriting
Places I’ve Written
- Barnes & Noble – Journalism & blog post writing (2014-present)
- Co-Optimus – Game Journalism (2013-present)
- Gamezebo – Game Journalism (2013-14)
- Joystiq – Game Journalism (2007)
- JayIsGames – Journalism, Editing (2006-14)
- LoveToKnow – Managing Editor (2003-2006)